Pavers or none? Foam board?

Thank you sir. These are not even actually yard sticks. We manufacture oilfield chemicals and those are measure sticks for 55 gallon drums but I think they will do the job and they already have markings on them which is a plus. We have a good water base dye that we use in a few products that I am going to try as well. Thank you for pointing that out about the blocks being level with foam. I was curious about that. I am going to take this pool down say around September and next year I plan to go a different route I want to get a metal sided pool. That is why I'm not trying to go to big and bad this year. I am not sure i can tackle the metal sided pool myself either. If I can get away with just doing sand vs sand and foam board and save some money I may just go down the street and pick up a yard if sand.

Basically what I'm saying is I need this pool to be level and work for about 5- 6 months max then it starts getting to cold here and I will take it down.

Also I wanted to point out that I have used the foam before and all I can find around here in the pink stuff is the 1/4 inch. I actually had a 16x48 for 3 seasons and I got rid of it last season. I was not even going to put one up this year since I plan to do a nicer metal frame next year, but I found a new intex 16x48 on sale for 299 so said we will do that this year. I have never used the pavers though or any type of transit. I used the board and level on top method. Last year my pool was about a inch off from one side to the other but seemed to still work. I had a huge fruitless mulberry tree right beside the tree that kept me and the pump constantly busy. We live in west Texas and have ton of wind. I just had the tree removed so this year is going to be so much easier on maintenance I hope.

It really was not bad out of level and I did not use pavers. But our ground is solid and hard back here. Not to sure you can see the tree in any of these pics but the kidos love the pool. I am kinda leaning on just grabbing the pavers and a yard of sand and doing it that away this time it should work out for 5-6 months right? So if I use sand to I level it out and set pavers. then put tarp over it?
a1c4581ca52230aebf24f330ae9aabde.jpg
0723eecf039a5276e86fd2db185e1074.jpg
8ff945524d4de4cd1fa14ca33a27cf46.jpg
00d8eb2c1328397824182343a9a2882e.jpg
faddd219f28e6869ce861f860e93d9d0.jpg
3bb60f0ea60e98c1296d2b217be2fb03.jpg

Within an 1 inch of level for an Intex pool is perfectly fine. That pool looks like it was nicely done.

Think of using the transit and blocks this year as practice for next year when you do the hard sided pool. Metal walled pools are less forgiving.

A sand base is just fine. You don't need a tarp under the pool. The pool is a giant tarp itself. You will be fine with that for the season.

If you are going to it the pool in the same spot next year the sand base for this Intex pool is just less base prep you have to do for next year.

Full disclosure on my part I had a pool company put up the pool frame and install the liner. After doing all the site work to get the base ready and working on the deck to surround the pool I took a day off and watched someone else with a lot of experience make setting up a pool look easy. My yard fought me every inch of the way to get the space for the pool I wanted.

Do you have any pics of your pool? Yes sir I want to work on the space next year and just get a big nice metal sided pool. I had a guy price me to install and said 1800 just to install. Kinda crazy but I want that pool done right for sure since it will continue to stay up. The metal wall pool will go in same space but I am looking at maybe a 21x54 or something like that.

There's a link in my signature that has photos in it. It's not very organized but it shows my pool area in different stages of construction. Not shown was a week with an excavator digging the area out which I did the fall prior to putting the pool up. Decks included it took from the beginning of May to the middle of September to finish. Not that it's ever really finished.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.