Paver coping pulling away from deck

MammaLamma

May 9, 2022
Fort Myers, FL
About a year ago, we had coping that was cracking and even had some of the panels inside the pool fall off. I hired a paver company that removed, regrouted, and replaced a bunch of the pavers. We had a deck refinisher re-do the surface of the deck with a light coating of some epoxy-like substance. Now, it's separating again at the same place. You can also see hairline cracks along the grout and a chunk of the paver fell off. I don't know who to even turn to for repair. I don't want to pay the paver people again because clearly what they did didn't work. Does anyone have any advice on who to call and how to fix this?
IMG_4773.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_4774.jpg
    IMG_4774.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_4775.jpg
    IMG_4775.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 8
The joint between the brick coping and the rear of the deck should have a flexible mastic sealant in it instead of grout. It’s supposed to be an expansion joint. That’s likely why it’s cracking. If the coping bricks are falling off, the lack of an expansion joint may be why. Those need to get bonded back down to the pool collar.

Can you clarify a few things first?
Panels inside the pool, could these be tiles?
Coping cracking, the actual coping or the grout in between the coping?
What is between the coping and the deck, hard to make it out in the photos, is it rubbery or solid like concrete?
Can you supply photos of what is at the other end of the deck in line with the cracking coping?
This info would help with giving advice of the cause and possibly how to correct the situation.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.