Patching vermiculite pool base

MessF4

Sep 12, 2017
Harwinton, CT
Good afternoon,
I am a relatively new pool owner with a roughly 20,000 gallon IGP. We are currently in the process of replacing our liner. In doing so, we've found that there are several small areas where the vermiculite has "spalled" (for lack of a better term) and/or broken up, primarily around the edges where it meets the metal pool walls. My question is, is it possible to patch these small areas with a straight mortar mix, without using vermiculite? The floor is overall in good shape, and I'd rather not have to order several bags of vermiculite online just to fix a few small areas, but will do so if it means a better repair. Thanks!

Good afternoon,
I am a relatively new pool owner with a roughly 20,000 gallon IGP. We are currently in the process of replacing our liner. In doing so, we've found that there are several small areas where the vermiculite has "spalled" (for lack of a better term) and/or broken up, primarily around the edges where it meets the metal pool walls. My question is, is it possible to patch these small areas with a straight mortar mix, without using vermiculite? The floor is overall in good shape, and I'd rather not have to order several bags of vermiculite online just to fix a few small areas, but will do so if it means a better repair. Thanks!
We will use hydraulic cement for that type of repair

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.