Patch Recommendations

Sep 27, 2016
Oshawa, ON, Canada
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Well we're 1 week into our pool season here. The "Mini Intex" has been relocated from last year into our most sun-drenched spot in our back yard. Time was spent to level the area (thankfully only about 4 inches at the deepest), and foam laid down for a cushy swim season.

Four inches into the fill, I noticed some water on the rim of the foam. [emoji15] I tried the dye check with a syringe and scoured the bottom of the pool. No luck sourcing the exit point of the water. I figured with more water pressure behind the leak I'd have a better chance of seeing the dye move.

Ended up filling the tiny beast and the next day braved the 62 degree water to again scour the entire bottom. Again, no dice.

The last few days we've had crazy wind, storms and rain. The result was a pile of tree debris in the pool despite efforts to control the infiltration with the cover. Today being a holiday here I was able to fit some pool time in today to tackle the mess. During the intense vacuuming session I spotted an odd coloured speck on the liner. The vacuum didn't pick it up. Looked closer and voilà-- a pepper flake-sized hole!!!

Anyone have recommendations on a brand of underwater patch to use?

Pool stores and pool sections of hardware and big box stores always have a suitable kit for this. Stuff that works well under water. You might patch it and have the patch come off later, but the glue will stay and keep it sealed, especially a hole that small.

Thanks Patrick_B. I ended up grabbing a patch from Lowe's while I was there yesterday. The leak is slow thankfully and we've had lots of rain this last week. Pool still hasn't hit 70 degrees, so I'm hesitant to get in and patch it...I may have to get the neoprene waders out of storage [emoji12]

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.