PASSED THE OCLT!!! Now what?!?

Jun 1, 2017
Pearland, Texas
Hallelujah... THANK YOU ... THANK YOU ... THANK YOU ... AFTER 2.5 yrs of struggle and algae I have been reading and utilizing the advice from TFP.com for less than 5 weeks (and thats ONLY because of life getting in the way) and my pool is crystal clear and I actually SWAM in it today!!!

So I checked the FC last night 20ppm and just before sun up I checked again... 20ppm

My current numbers at 12 noon were:

pH 7.4/5 - adding 8 oz of muriatic acid
CH 200ppm - adding 40 oz CaCl
CYA 30 - adding 8 oz CYA (stabilizer)
FC 15
TA 120ppm

Now...

How much per day do I let the pump/filter run?
When do I let the pump run?
When the PoolMath says something like 40 oz. like CaCl by volume can I use (5) 8 oz cups?

Lots of questions... but for now Im gonna go add some chemicals and then a little later for a quick dip.

Good job.

With a fiberglass pool you do not need to add calcium. You do need to monitor it for getting too high and causing scale.

You need to run the pump enough each day to keep the surface clean via skimming, filter your water to your liking, and mix your chemicals. With your size pool and size of pump, probably only a few hours a day.

Your pH test is not viable as your FC is above 10. If you added MA your pH may be very low. Be aware of that.

Use PoolMath and the chlorine / CYA chart to maintain.

Take care.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.