Partially buried pool wall and perimeter landscaping ideas?

May 26, 2016
Mont Vernon, NH
20170430_124330.jpg20170430_124344.jpg

I had my above ground pool replaced last year because the previous pool wall had corroded away in a number of spots, including near the base. In some spots, the pool wall was buried up to six inches deep with dirt and rocks against it. The corrosion that occurred at the base was where the wall was buried, so it was obviously trapping moisture against the wall and causing the corrosion. Due to the safety issues, I removed the pool.

Fast forward to the new pool install... The installers expanded the circular installation location to be about 2 feet wider than the new pool (the new pool is the same size as the old pool), as seen in the pictures, but kinda did a cruddy job in making it look good. Also seen in the pictures is that in some places the lawn is a good 6" above the bottom of the pool, hence the previous pool being partially buried in those spots. I would like to do some landscaping around the perimeter of the pool to level it out with the lawn which would require burying some of the wall in some places.

My question is, how can i avoid the corrosion from the moisture that will be against the wall?

the pool is the Orion by Sharkline with a galvanized wall, i believe.

I was thinking of using something like Flex Seal to coat the wall with before burying it in the hopes that it will keep the water from coming in direct contact with the wall.

Also, what are some nice landscaping ideas for the pool perimeter?

Thank you for any help you have to offer.

Why not put in a border to hold the lawn and dirt back and then fill the rest with large gravel? Don't forget the weed barrier.

I had thought about that but wouldn't there still be some moisture trapped against the wall? That's what led me to think about applying some sort of waterproof coating to the wall.

Good call with the weed barrier! I would have probably forgotten about that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.