Panel Placement & Conduit Terminations (electrical)

Jerz

Gold Supporter
Apr 13, 2021
Atlanta
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
I'm a commercial electrical contractor so I told my pool builder that I'd do the electrical so he brought the conduits over to the equipment and I take it from here. 3 conduits are pool lights, 1 conduit is the spa light, 3 conduits are for sheer decent led lights, and one is a gfci outlet (and looks like I need to add a Conduit to each of two firebowls for igniters) I have no experience with pools so looking for suggestions on panel placement. The pool builder said they usually terminate the pool and spa conduits in a weatherproof jbox, tie the pool lights together and bring those three wires into the panel to terminate and then the spa light to a separate relay. He said the jbox needs to be higher than the water level in the spa which should be 18 inches above grade. Aqualink RSPS8 panel. Looking for any tips before I get started.
20210731_065702.jpg

You also have to consider electrical leads from the 3 pumps and the heater. It is not clear where your main power leads are positioned - are they coming from the right of the equipment pad. Also, you do plan to put the breakers in the Jandy AquaLink Panel and not a separate sub panel? A good position would be on the brick wall to the right of the equipment pad to right of the vertical conduit as that would make it easy access but appears you have a wood fence there. Is that permanent? Or could it be mounted on that fence facing the equipment pad?

One other note - can you reroute those conduits around the outside of your plumbing? Hope you never have to dig down to repair your plumbing but if the conduit is between the plumbing pipes it will make it just that more difficult.

You also have to consider electrical leads from the 3 pumps and the heater. It is not clear where your main power leads are positioned - are they coming from the right of the equipment pad. Also, you do plan to put the breakers in the Jandy AquaLink Panel and not a separate sub panel? A good position would be on the brick wall to the right of the equipment pad to right of the vertical conduit as that would make it easy access but appears you have a wood fence there. Is that permanent? Or could it be mounted on that fence facing the equipment pad?

One other note - can you reroute those conduits around the outside of your plumbing? Hope you never have to dig down to repair your plumbing but if the conduit is between the plumbing pipes it will make it just that more difficult.
The incoming power will be from the right outside of the fence; source is only about 6 feet away outside of the fence. Going to run 1inch liquidtite flex with 3#4 and 1#8 on an 80 amp 2pole breaker. Pumps, heater, blower, booster will be wired with 3#12 in 1/2" liquidtite. The 12 circuit aqualink panel will be full and will need to put the booster, heater, and blower on same 2pole breaker. I could possibly maybe move the fence a little to give me more room at the pad.

Here's the source that I'll be feeding the aqualink from. I have for spaces in this 200amp meter /disconnect
20210731_090415.jpg

What do you think of putting it outside of the fence? 20210731_091400.jpg

OK... so this is what I've got so far. We terminated at the breaker instead of the relays so I know we've got to fix it... We're still waiting on the three CMP LED Sheer Descent Waterfalls and two firebowls to be installed before we pull that wire which will be pulled into the 12 x 12 pvc box under the panel, the three led pool lights and the spa light are run to a jbox and then via a 1" conduit to the panel... Anyway... if I wanted to add more than the 8 relays I'm told I just add another Panel. Does anyone have details on this? Is standard practice to add a two pole breaker to the existing panel and feed an auxillary RSPS8 panel?
On relays I've got three 2 HP pumps (pool, spa, waterfalls), a pump for the polaris, blower for the spa, pool lights, spa lights, waterfall lights, igniter for fire bowls. I don't believe the heater requires a relay, so that is 9 relays unless I put the waterfall lights on with the spa which will be 8 at that point. I'm also thinking of controlling landscape lights via the iaqualink app as well so wondering if I should add the Auxillary Panel? Thoughts? Thanks.Resized_20210805_132629.jpeg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.