Panel no longer controls heater

Dilbydog

Silver Supporter
Jan 14, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
Hi,
DW wanted to use the spa today, however the heater failed to fire after putting the system in “SPA“ mode. So far, I have:
- Verified sufficiently high set point for spa temp
- Verified app and panel indicated heat was being commanded
- Manually turned on heater; verified fan, ignition and positive temp change at the jets

Finally, I tried to verify voltage at the heater terminal block via the wiring diagram. I was unable to measure a meaningful voltage across the block screw terminals. Should I assume the panel is shot?

Thank you,
Eric

Eric,

The only thing the automation does is close a small relay which allows the 24 VAC from the heater to go back to the heater to turn it on.

You can open the EasyTouch and short the wires together, which removes the relay from the circuit. If the heater does not fire with the wires connected, then the problem is the cable itself, or something in the heater, it is not the EasyTouch.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Hi All,
Via a little more troubleshooting and research I've eliminated the EasyTouch as the issue. I am able to measure 24vac when the panel is not commanding heat and 0vac when the panel is commanding heat. I can perform a continuity test if necessary, however the conductor between the panel and heater is "piped" in liquid tight flex so I'm confident there is a low chance of wire damage.

Any recommendations on what to look at next in the heater?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.