PAL light cover question

2thdoc1

Sep 14, 2020
Kalamazoo, MI
I have a new pool with a PAL LED light system installed. They are smaller lights, maybe 3” in diameter? There are clear covers on the lights that I’d like to clean underneath. Can I remove this cover underwater or will I be letting water into the electrical? Thanks!

Are they a PAL treo LED light? Like these http://pallightingusa.com/product/

I do believe they are nichless and screw into the 1.5 inch pipe.. You should be able to unscrew them to clean behind the light but not behind the light cover itself.. I do not think it comes apart but I have not found a manual yet..

I have the PAL Color Touch series.

You can actually remove the lens off on these and this is normally done if you ever need to replace the LED assembly which sits underneath (this must be done out of water).

If you unscrew the light out of its housing it should have a long enough cord to lift it out of the water and onto your coping etc so you can work on it out of the water.

Reactions: cowboycasey
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.