Painting or Staining Pool Deck

DAB942

Gold Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Space Coast, FL
Our pool deck is white. Has anyone painted or stained their pool deck with success? The deck looks great when it's clean. However, ten minutes after it's bleached and pressure cleaned, all the nooks and crannies get dust in them, etc. We were thinking about thin pavers -- would be a hassle to lift the entire enclosure. We've asked big box stores -- we don't get real solid answers.

So when you say white, you mean original concrete , unfinished ? Not it was already "painted white " ? IF this is the case then to coat it would be very expensive in order for it to last any amount of years. Paint will peel in places and impossible to remove in other places. Stain being very thin will run down into the pours and stay longer in anything that i have done but again will need touch up and to be redone. Anything you do will look nicer then old bare cement for sure but will be a pain in the future to deal with or you'll have a really bad looking deck. Even the colored cement that has the color added to the mix has been causing issues. Any process under $3000 just won't last.

I fairly recently re-coated my deck with the Cool! product from Encore. It's only been since July, but so far it seems to be holding up pretty well. I did find some small rust stains this past weekend when I was moving some planters around so I'll soon see if it scrubs off like they say it does. If not, I'll touch it up.

So when you say white, you mean original concrete , unfinished ? Not it was already "painted white " ? IF this is the case then to coat it would be very expensive in order for it to last any amount of years. Paint will peel in places and impossible to remove in other places. Stain being very thin will run down into the pours and stay longer in anything that i have done but again will need touch up and to be redone. Anything you do will look nicer then old bare cement for sure but will be a pain in the future to deal with or you'll have a really bad looking deck. Even the colored cement that has the color added to the mix has been causing issues. Any process under $3000 just won't last.

It's white -- I'm assuming it was mixed with the concrete and then a pattern stamped to minimize slipping. However, there has been no chipping, so I can't really tell if this was poured over concrete. Even the sides are white.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.