Painting In-Ground Fiberglass Pool Steps

Aug 3, 2011
I am replacing my liner this spring on my 14 x 28 vinyl liner inground pool and am thinking about paining the 6 foot white pool steps. My stamped concrete patio and slide are tan/brown and I was thinking of painting the steps to better match. The only epoxy pool paint that comes in colors I could find is klasskote. I would like a tan/brown color. Does anyone have experience painting their steps with klasskote or any other suggestions or advice. I also plan to paint the coping to match as well. If you also have any advice on liner manufacturers please share. I will be doing the replacement myself.

Reactions: jwhitt
Hello Bills....welcome to Trouble Free Pools :cool:

I want to strongly discourage you from painting those steps and coping. People do it and later regret it as it doesn't hold up to pool water. Some have to do it yearly or two.

Another option is to see if any fiberglass boat shops could refinish the steps??

Maddie ☮️

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.