Pablo from Chicago suburbs

PoolPablo

Mar 23, 2019
Chicago suburbs
Hi, just joined. I'm planning to install an aboveground pool before the summer. I have a fairly large, flat yard, and am looking forward to having a fun activity for my kids. My wife grew up with an aboveground pool so I have a good idea of what I'm in for (costs, maintenance, etc). But if anyone would like to chime in on the following decisions I still have to make: thanks so much!

- 24', or 27' round? I have enough space, just wondering if it's worth it
- Doughboy, or Great Escape top-of-the-line? The sales guy at Great Escape told me their top of the line is made by the same parent company as Doughboy. But if I go with Doughboy, it's harder or impossible to use aftermarket parts (ie always get Doughboy parts). Doughboy is more $; the fencing around the top of the pool would be >$1,200!
- I want to install the pump/filter and heater up against the house, next to the air conditioner; and have the installer run a buried PVC pipe to the pool (about 35 feet?). Would anybody recommend differently (ie run the gas/electric out to the pool and equipment)?

Thanks for any insight!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.