Overflow Drain

virghilts

Sep 2, 2022
Los Angeles
Hello All!

Just joined the site and looking forward to the knowledge I can gain as I am just installing a new inground pool. I have a question about drain and drainage. My pool builder placed an overflow drain in the auto cover bay (3in pipe), but it's left to us (the homeowner) to run the drain out to the street. There is no drain to tap into where the pool is placed. So is that usually something the pool builder should be covering? Should this be tapped into a sewage drain? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Most overflows that I’ve seen are tapped into the the yards drainage system that go out to the street. This usually isn’t a problem, you just have to check county guidelines. Locally any water going out to the street needs to be chlorine neutral. The only time you’ll need the overflow is after a heavy and the water will be so diluted and city workers won’t be checking.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.