Overflow drain - Inside skimmer

So that is a real port from the back and he broke it through very crudely. To me it makes no sense for an overflow so what was the actual intent from a manufacturing point. That could have been used to be hooked up to fill back water loss possibly.
Looking at the picture. He converted ozone feed line to drain port

Attachments

• F45725DF-030B-4A21-9607-0DB145AE451F.jpeg
    F45725DF-030B-4A21-9607-0DB145AE451F.jpeg
    881.5 KB · Views: 33
Reactions: Newdude
To me that's a no go. Should that pipe at the fence drop you'll be draining the pool to that level. I would use marine epoxy, good stuff I can say for sure and seal it off in the skimmer then I would cut that pipe to the closest point to the pool and just cap it. that's poor planning on the contractors part.

To me that's a no go. Should that pipe at the fence drop you'll be draining the pool to that level. I would use marine epoxy, good stuff I can say for sure and seal it off in the skimmer then I would cut that pipe to the closest point to the pool and just cap it. that's poor planning on the contractors part.
That’s exactly what I’m planning to do. Going to get rid of it.

Reactions: Newdude
If the water level is low its easy peazy. If not I would use some kind of stick figuring out what length would work to push the weir door shut from inside the skimmer, pull the basket and use a winter plug to keep water from coming back that way and work with ease. First get something like a small piece of pool noodle or the like and snug the hole so you can fill the void against something solid. Marine epoxy is water friendly so after the chore is done it can get we and actually cure better.

Instead of giving up your only pool overflow, what if you caught the pipe right off the end of your decking and put a pop-up head just above pool level. If it's where water can never stand over, it shouldn't back-flow to pool.

The option of cleaning up the hole and putting a expanding plug that you could remove when you needed to let water off might work.

I have the same hole in my skimmer with and over flow pipe that sticks up out of the ground that I was told can be used to auto fill the pool-it seemed more trouble than it was worth and I would like to be able to top off my water before going on vacation in the summer and having that hole there makes it so I would really have to stay on top of putting water in the pool daily to keep it at just below mid skimmer—-long story short I had my builder seal it off with silicone inside the skimmer instead of capping the pipe as water would just sit in the pipe and I didn’t want algae issues and if I ever decide I want to use it Incan simply drill a hole through the patch

Attachments

• 017D2BDF-CE44-41B0-936F-F3F34C85B727.jpeg
    017D2BDF-CE44-41B0-936F-F3F34C85B727.jpeg
    372.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 263B82C6-8184-4566-BF68-5615867CFA53.jpeg
    263B82C6-8184-4566-BF68-5615867CFA53.jpeg
    395.3 KB · Views: 7
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.