Over flow drain pipe

shingles

Bronze Supporter
Jun 12, 2017
Houston, TX
So i have an overflow drain pipe that is coming out the side of the pool. The pool is a good 18”-24” above the rest of the yard. The pipe was never properly finished by the PB. I am curious what’s the best way to deal with it? Should I bring it down to grade and install a pop up on it? Should I just have it drain off to the side and have a mesh guard installed in it so i don’t have critters living in it. There doesn’t appear to be any code regulations I can find (I am in unincorporated part of the county) and draining it all the way to the front of the property into the culvert is probably not reasonable given that it’s some 200’ away.

S,

My overflow is plumbed right into my deck drains and then out to the street.

Assuming that you have deck drains, where are they plumbed?

I would think that anyplace away from your house would work fine and I like your idea of using a pop-up..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Cut it down to grade? Don't those work on a water-level principle in that the pipe level is the same as the pool level? If so, then cutting it would drain your pool to the cut level. Not sure though.

Cut it down to grade? Don't those work on a water-level principle in that the pipe level is the same as the pool level? If so, then cutting it would drain your pool to the cut level. Not sure though.

I assume there is a hole at the top of the water line, when the water line goes below the hole, water stops draining....

I would treat it like a french drain and dissipate into the ground, or use a pop-up drain at the edge of your property

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.