john&lisa

Jan 15, 2021
Charleston, South Carolina
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Is there an issue with removing 2 or 3 top rails on my 18x33 oval pool and pull the liner back to fix a section of the pool wall? I have drained the water level about 2" below the skimmer. I need to pull the liner back and slide a piece of sheet metal and tape the edges. Is this possible or is it a problem?

What manufacture and model pool?

Post pics of your pool and the top rail area you want to pull off so folks can see exactly what you are dealing with.

I bought it as the second owner, but I believe it's an Oceanic Yardmore 18x33. I'm trying to remove the 2 top rails just as the turn begins for the oval curve.
Any help or advice is definitely appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_20210124_155746102.jpg
    IMG_20210124_155746102.jpg
    612.7 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20210124_155815740.jpg
    IMG_20210124_155815740.jpg
    513.4 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20210124_155837803.jpg
    IMG_20210124_155837803.jpg
    324.2 KB · Views: 21
I’m trying to picture in my head what you are trying to do. You aren’t removing wall, just applying a sheet metal patch? How large, and does it extend the full height of the wall? What is the reason you are doing this - is it due to rust, and if so, are you treating it with anything?

Does the sheet metal patch dip below the height of the water where you currently have it?

I’m trying to picture in my head what you are trying to do. You aren’t removing wall, just applying a sheet metal patch? How large, and does it extend the full height of the wall? What is the reason you are doing this - is it due to rust, and if so, are you treating it with anything?

Does the sheet metal patch dip below the height of the water where you currently have it?
Sorry for the late reply. We put a new pool wall inside the existing pool wall die to some questionable corrosion along the cove base in a few areas. The place I want to cover with a patch is where the skimmer opening is on the new wall. Is purely for aesthetics. I may not even worry about it this year or at all. I just didn't want the kids picking at it and causing a hole.

Removing 2 top rails at a time should not be an issue. Did that just this summer. Don't know how much movement you'll get out of that liner with pool still that full. Especially with it being this cold.

Reactions: john&lisa
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.