Oval pool owner

a gallon of water weights 8.3 lbs looks to me like its a lot of weight... send me pics when the water buckles the walls... im just a dumb plumber so i could be wrong..

It will straighten up as it fills. Alot of watching & adjusting- often it is recommended to have pressure treated boards under the legs to accommodate them as they move.

Reactions: Newdude
That looks normal to me. Be more concerned that the pool is level.

Fun fact (and loooong stooooory): the LADWP always schedules our meter reading for one of the last days in April. (This year it's April 29th.) I always fill the pool halfway a couple of days before that then pretty much spend the reading day looking up and down the street, checking the neighborhood watch Facebook page, etc. to see when it's actually read. (They might be a few days late. Or Early. And they use wireless tech so they don't open gates or knock on doors, they just stroll down the street.) Failing that, I spend the next few days checking the web site to see if the new bill has been posted. As soon as I have some confirmation that the meter is read, I finish the filling and watch as the walls straighten out. (This whole exercise lets me spread it out amongst two billing cycles and keep most of the water in the tier one rate.)

The short story is I spend a few days with my pool side looking like that until it straightens out when I finish filling it. As for the liner and metalwork, after twelve seasons everything is still usable.

But again, worry about whether your pool is absolutely (still) level.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.