Outstanding Hayward Customer Support (Canada) on MaxFlo Pump

Theo

May 17, 2010
GTA Ontario
Hi All,

Just wanted to share with you the level of support I received from Hayward Canada. I'm not a shill for the Hayward - just a consumer that over the years has had mixed experiences with a variety of manufacturers, and I thought I'd share a positive one.

I opened my pool this past weekend and I was getting an alert that my Hayward OmniLogic could not communicate with my Hayward MaxFlow Pump. I opened up the pump to find the control board (?) full of water.

BTW - I unplugged the BUS Connector and unscrewed the bonding wire right before I snapped the picture.

20190519_125838.jpg

I've had the pump for 2 years and this would have been it's 2nd winter sitting outside in the elements. There was no clear indication on how or why the water got in there.I was quite upset. I went over budget to replace my old EcoStar with a VSP and I wasn't budgeting to replace it after only two years.

I called Hayward Canada Tuesday AM and they could not figure out what caused or why this could happen. In any event they are sending me a new dry end for the pump to get me back up and running. They exceeded my expectations! I expected that they would offer me a discount on the replacement parts, but in the back of my mind I would not feel great about the product. By doing this (and providing the replacement doesn't fail) they have a customer for life.

I should add that I will be removing the pump when I winterize the pool in future. I do not want to risk this failure again.

I know of a few instances where this has happened.

I think that the water is getting in through the screwhole of the screw that secures the cover on the electrical compartment.

The head of the screw is recessed and it's not watertight.

Water can pool in the recess and leak through the hole.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.