Outdoor wood/nice looking storage unit

Poolmama!

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
Feb 20, 2019
Celina, Tx
I'm trying to find a shelving/drawer unit for outside to hold my test kit (EDIT...won't do that!) and smaller items like goggles, small toys, etc. I don't really want cheap looking plastic...is there a way to effectively seal something wood to use in a covered patio area (no sun and indirect rain/moisture)? Has anyone done something like this or found something 'ready to use' that is realistically priced? I'm thinking like something you'd use indoor under a wall mounted TV but appropriate for outdoor use (so more enclosed storage). It doesn't seem like it should be this hard, but I'm having trouble finding something! Hoping maybe someone here has a good solution!

Last edited:
This has a plastic lid, but wood sides.
And then there's this one which is kinda nice.

I'm in Canada, so you'll probably be able to find this cheaper!

I bought this just a month ago for inside our pool room (indoor). It's un-treated pine so you can stain/paint/treat it as you like. At $30, it was the cheapest option I could find and also I didn't like the look of the plastic shelving units. I had to order it online and they shipped it to the store, so you may want to check out walmart.com for what is available in your area.

My main criteria were the dimensions for this shelving unit. I have one of those big plastic bins, which my pool hose is coiled up inside. The plastic bin fits perfectly in the bottom shelf (adjustable heights). Then I store the rest of my pool chemicals, goggles, etc on the other shelves. Each shelf height is adjustable, and because it's just solid wood you can always modify it to your needs. The fit was decent, but not everything is square and/or perfectly flush. It's great for what I wanted though.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.