Outdoor Lamppost Lighting

Sep 5, 2015
Smithtown, NY
Hi, I'm interested in installing a few lamposts around my pool, about 15' from the edge of the pool. Does this have to have a low voltage power supply? I've done some basic residential wiring in the past and planned to run a line to my current light switch for my underwater lights or have a completely separate switch, but in looking at the configuration today I noticed a low voltage transformer and wanted to be sure about the proper procedure.
Thanks.

Well 1 reason is low voltage cable can be buried 3-5" while 110 v cable has to be under 24".

As long as your more than 5' away from the pool you can use a standard lighting transformer.

Make sure you don't go over 80% of the transformers wattage.

I used Volt for our 12v landscape lighting and have been very pleased. The transformer plugs into an outlet on the side of my pool panel which is controlled by the automation. It was an easy install/setup and I’m no electrician. We plumbed for gas lanterns and had them installed today.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.