Our First Pool

They sent a crew over the following day to clean up and fix any issues ( which there was several places where the plaster was covering some of the marker tiles ) which they took care of. Pool is filling up now. I took a photo of the water meter to get a close figure of water capacity when its done.

WHAT??? OH YEAH!!! Happy day!! Now when the water starts flowing do NOT let it stop!!! Put a sock on the ends of any hoses used to keep the metal off the plaster.

Your water color might be a bit off in the beginning. Might even have a slight green tint. This is normal. The true water color will come around as the water is balanced and the plaster cures.

Kim:kim:

Great plaster color! For my pool I could not find anyone around me that would do a colored plaster, only Marquis Miami Blue.... They all said it would end up discoloring within 2-3 years, it would look mottled right after installation and some would even say that I would require new plaster every 5 years (lol).

• Wow
Reactions: kimkats
Almost full!! We installed the steps today and the coping tiles we had left off for plaster access. Also installed 2 2" strainer filters off of the 2-1/2" feed going to the sheer descent, since this pump is dedicated for water features and does not flow through the pool filter.

2327E735-DBAD-44B2-98E1-F2B3A54FDCD4.jpeg6C904432-35C9-4861-B4B3-800AD2BD370A.jpegD4391A40-04CB-42B6-8FFE-EA3DD9C402BE.jpeg

Attachments

• 8C00C458-5BE7-48A9-9221-F382E24705E2.jpeg
    8C00C458-5BE7-48A9-9221-F382E24705E2.jpeg
    399.8 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: MyAZPool

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Great plaster color! For my pool I could not find anyone around me that would do a colored plaster, only Marquis Miami Blue.... They all said it would end up discoloring within 2-3 years, it would look mottled right after installation and some would even say that I would require new plaster every 5 years (lol).

I read alot of posts complaining about that with darker colored plaster. This has a greyish color base but i guess all the different colored glass beads and pebbles gives it the color you see. My co worker is unhappy with his plaster because he says it has blotches.

This plaster job was done by a top shelf crew that knew their stuff! He needs to buy them a steak dinner for this wonderful job!

The darker the plaster the greater the "blotches" IF the crew does have the skills needed and take their time.

This plaster job was done by a top shelf crew that knew their stuff! He needs to buy them a steak dinner for this wonderful job!

The darker the plaster the greater the "blotches" IF the crew does have the skills needed and take their time.
Kim it was VERY expensive!! Wayy more than we ever thought. Definitely budget early for plaster and negotiate it at the beginning if you think you want it. We contracted the plaster company on our own because we were originally going with florida stucco. There was only two Pebble tec applicators around here and the one we pixked gave us a better price and looks to be very reputable. I guess with any aggregate type finish, its never perfect everywhere. There are a few areas that are a little less exposed but overall we are happy. The cleanup crew actually comes out and repairs any imperfections before they acid clean and pressure wash everything. They work very clean!!

we bought drinks, snacks, and cafe to keep all the guys happy.

Reactions: kimkats
Trying to keep up with your shenanigans!!
Still have much left but with a much better view.
Thanks for all your continued assistance
:laughblue: No problem. Really sorry about cleaning Amazon out of all those rolls of 5-conductor, 22AWG cables. Who would have thought they wouldn't restock until next year. :(
Keep up the great work....
r.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.