Our First Pool

Valves and unions are VERY important for all of your plumbing and features! You want as much control as you can get. Use GOOD valves that you can rebuild as needed. You want a valve for this and that and that also to have as much control as you can get. Unions to you can remove and replace as needed.

You also want a light over or by your equipment. You will thank me the first dark and stormy night you have to go out there!

We have some AWESOME people here on this forum that are great help for those that need it!

Kim:kim:

I will he using Jandy never lube 3 way valves.
dont unions cause some restrictions to flow?

Last edited:
Pool pumps, filter, valves and fittings ready to go. Reading up as much as I can for tips/tricks on pad plumbing.
Pentair pump manual says I need minimum 5x pipe diameter straight pipe at suction inlet. Also says not to install 90 fitting right at outlet (yet it doesnt specify how much pipe). I want to make sure I get these things right the first go around.
5002C753-321C-4F59-989F-B98D3F8B2FEA.jpeg

That looks good. I'm jealous of all the space you have around your equipment. What are the pipes just past the filter for?

--Jeff

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
That looks good. I'm jealous of all the space you have around your equipment. What are the pipes just past the filter for?

--Jeff
Jeff that would be the Spa jets/spa floor returns /pool wall returns
When the cell arrives I will plum from filter to another 3 way to add heater later (will act as heater bypass also) and then turn towards the returns where the IC60 will be plumbed in. Will leave some room for the intelliph acid container in that area between filter and IC60

Reactions: Turbo1Ton
The pump that doesnt run through the filter is for water features. 2-1/2” sheer descent - 1-1/32” ledge bubbler - 1-1/2” side bubblers - and 1-1/2” laminars (both with a 3way to balance the pairs)

nice setup and quality! I have a question and pardon my ignorance, why did you put the 3 way valve like that after the secondary pump? Technically you could block the flow of the pump while it being on? unless you put some kind of lock in place to prevent blocking the pump outlet side.

nice setup and quality! I have a question and pardon my ignorance, why did you put the 3 way valve like that after the secondary pump? Technically you could block the flow of the pump while it being on? unless you put some kind of lock in place to prevent blocking the pump outlet side.
I took the valve apart and reoriented it. I actually took them all apart when I glued the PVC to make sure I didnt get any glue or primer inside the valve body and oriented them correctly when I assembled them back together. I had to do this on the suction side as well. I made sure that the pumps cannot be shut off completely on either side. This is a first for me and I actually bought a 3 way before I planned it all out to see how it works. Good question! Thanks.

Rain has slowed me down some but still working on the pad. Had to run irrigation to get ready for sod also.
Here is where I am so far. I havent glued everything in yet, I mock up measure then cut and glue.
2F442B5A-07DA-47BE-8F2A-F0EAC627E304.jpegBEBEDEF4-815A-430C-B746-8649FD4B4B64.jpeg

have also been working on the junction boxes for high and low voltage. Found these aluminum boxes on amazon and drilled them out for the conduit and wire glands for low voltage (intellivalves, pump communication, etc)
2E6F2CDA-5FDF-446A-961C-2304A9381DFE.jpeg571F4103-9DCE-4C7D-964D-FE1406B29DF3.jpeg

Reactions: MyAZPool
The terminal block is to run my intellivalves into. The cable isnt long enough, so I have to splice in a section then splice back in the plug at the intellicenter with possibly another terminal block.
Thanks to Ron MyAZpool for the help!

B82FD1F4-14EF-4518-9108-BBE822D75C5C.jpegA7B60A7E-860A-4DE4-976F-ADFA3AA924E4.jpegFinished pvc work (Minus future heater install where I plumbed a heater bypass from diverter to Tee fitting)
Tomorrow I will get some work done on wiring. Ordered some pentair and siemens breakers for the intellicenter should be here tomorrow or Tuesday.

That is a nice looking layout. Clean and easy to work around. Great job! Now, are you gonna make some fancy covers for the areas where the piping comes out of the ground? Some travertine that is notched for the pipes and can be removed would make that look SOOOOO awesome!!!! But that would be a ton of work.

--Jeff

That is a nice looking layout. Clean and easy to work around. Great job! Now, are you gonna make some fancy covers for the areas where the piping comes out of the ground? Some travertine that is notched for the pipes and can be removed would make that look SOOOOO awesome!!!! But that would be a ton of work.

--Jeff
I was thinking of buying a bunch of that black river rock. Comes either shiny of matt, but I thought it would be a nice contrast and still allow for drainage. There are several areas where I left cutouts like that for drainage and planned on filling all with decorative river rock.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.