Our First Pool

One note on glass tile. We almost did the same ones but were told by countless sources not to use mesh backed glass tile as they tend to slowly separate from the mesh and that creates failures. On the positive side since you will never see freezing temps it may be less of a concern then it is here. I would also insist they seal the spa properly and use an epoxy grout. You can pick the colors and even make the grout reflective.

Where are the doubles? The things that go under the steel to lift it off the ground so the concrete can get all around the steel.
Kim they are required for the larger steel on the footers (borders) and are installed. The mesh gets pulled up as they pour and walk over it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
View attachment 125583View attachment 125584View attachment 125585View attachment 125586

following my friend John & Ron’s experience, i wanted to terminate all the low voltage runs in one junction box. I sourced this stainless nema4 box and had knockouts cut into it for all 16 runs. This will then feed into the transformers after.

i have 3 bubblers, 2 laminars, 1 led sheer, 6 pool lights, 2 spa lights, future fire bowl igniter, and landscape lights.
Nice job with this. :thumleft: That pad is going to turn out awesome!!!

My mind has been elsewhere with all the crazy Crud we have been dealing with but I will try to get some updates in. I am waiting for some more tile to be installed and have started to look closely at some plaster colors. Seems to be a common factor with folks as they get closer to the end as far as WHAT PLASTER COLOR TO CHOOSE! We are leaning towards Stonescapes Midnight Blue Puerto Rican Blend. I ordered some samples of Midnight Tahoe and Tropics Blue to get a better look. Our deck is very light and the waterline tiles are dark so I thought it would blend well with Midnight Blue.

28056487-303F-4E7C-B436-80D8BCFF4E22.jpeg53E9420E-506B-4ACC-80B6-B9F97FB91362.jpeg

here are some photos showing water tiles and the shell stone on deck nearly completed. They had to leave out that section of coping tiles to allow for the installation of waterline tiles in that small gap for the spa to overflow.

View attachment 154056View attachment 154057

here are some photos showing water tiles and the shell stone on deck nearly completed. They had to leave out that section of coping tiles to allow for the installation of waterline tiles in that small gap for the spa to overflow.
Love everything about this-similar to what we are doing, but colors are switched--will the wall where the sheer goes stay white?

Love everything about this-similar to what we are doing, but colors are switched--will the wall where the sheer goes stay white?
No it will be a similar tile to the waterline but rectangles instead of squares in a brick pattern. The flanking columns will be travertine rough bricks just like the house back wall.

Reactions: S S

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.