Our finish/color

middle_ATL

Mar 20, 2022
Atlanta
Moved from here.
We just finished our pool and deliberated about the same thing — wanted dark, rich blue but not green.Our builder worked with Stonescapes/NPT — we had our eye on Midnight Blue but didn’t like the green in that mix. We even visited a pool he finished that was Midnight Blue and did not like the green hue — had a lagoon-like feel that some might like, but not us. Tropics Blue was too light, and also looked green.

If you look at the description of the Midnight Blue mix, it includes gold pebbles. So we had them switch out gold for black pebbles and also add blue glass beads to achieve a darker, richer blue finish and cut the green. Pebbles were mini size. We are SO satisfied with the results.

It is definitely NOT too dark in my opinion. You can see the bottom of the pool in the deep 8ft side. And it does not get too hot in the Atlanta heat. In fact, maybe it’s saving us some heating costs…

Attachments

• 847DD6A4-4F71-429E-AFB5-F0FABDC776CA.jpeg
    847DD6A4-4F71-429E-AFB5-F0FABDC776CA.jpeg
    842.5 KB · Views: 176
Last edited by a moderator:
Looks great, congrats! We're going dark as Anthony & Sylvan will produce. From what i've gathered on photos over the internet it should be just a bit darker than yours. In Maryland, we're hoping to save heating costs as well as our pool area is just about as shaded as yours.

Moved from here.
We just finished our pool and deliberated about the same thing — wanted dark, rich blue but not green.Our builder worked with Stonescapes/NPT — we had our eye on Midnight Blue but didn’t like the green in that mix. We even visited a pool he finished that was Midnight Blue and did not like the green hue — had a lagoon-like feel that some might like, but not us. Tropics Blue was too light, and also looked green.

If you look at the description of the Midnight Blue mix, it includes gold pebbles. So we had them switch out gold for black pebbles and also add blue glass beads to achieve a darker, richer blue finish and cut the green. Pebbles were mini size. We are SO satisfied with the results.

It is definitely NOT too dark in my opinion. You can see the bottom of the pool in the deep 8ft side. And it does not get too hot in the Atlanta heat. In fact, maybe it’s saving us some heating costs…
Middle Atl-that looks fantastic. Wife and I are in Peachtree City and about to start the process and our proposed PC uses Stonescapes. We also want a darker pool with no green and certainly nothing that looks like aqua fresh. We are leaning toward midnight blue versus Tahoe blue. We’ll have to see if our builder has done any midnights in the area just to confirm.

Moved from here.

I am so so glad it worked out for you. I tried to do the same but they added too many black bags and still somehow the browns and other pebbles that create green were in with the white rock bag and it was lagoon for sure and emerald hue. I am glad I did the redo of my interior finish as I also have mostly shade the largest span of the day. I do miss never having that prettier dark blue color but I also don't have the fading issues I had with Stonescapes. I hope you enjoy your pool as much as you can. In san diego with the solar electric heat pump we heat everyday. I want to swim!!

Middle Atl-that looks fantastic. Wife and I are in Peachtree City and about to start the process and our proposed PC uses Stonescapes. We also want a darker pool with no green and certainly nothing that looks like aqua fresh. We are leaning toward midnight blue versus Tahoe blue. We’ll have to see if our builder has done any midnights in the area just to confi
So how did yours turn out? What color did you decide?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.