Ortega/check valves ??

cody20

Jun 13, 2012
Ok I have a salt water pool I am attempting to repair. My spa keeps draining down when the pump is not on. Been told to replace to ortega valve that it on a straight pipe coming off the automatic valve that the salt cell runs into. Not sure how to attach pics yet..... Any help ??

When you replace it, which is probably going to require some PVC plumbing, I recommend replacing it with the fancier kind with a cover that can be removed so that future repairs do not require plumbing.

Lets try this
20120613_084626.jpg

I fixed your image. You just want the URL, not all of that HTML code along with it.

I haven't seen one of those in a while, but if I remember correctly that cap on the left comes off allowing you to service the check valve.

Well, I hope the valve is serviceable because you do not have any clear pipe to re-plumb.

If the check valve is dead, you likely have to cut out and replace the Jandy valve, the flow sensor, and the union going to the SWG.

Or you could cut out the Ortega and use a smaller pipe glued to the inside of the Jandy valve, and then maybe turn down and add a Jandy/Pentair check valve vertically.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.