Gold Supporter
May 16, 2022
Dallas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Consider a basic Jandy Nevetlube 2-way valve like this one.

Is there a correct orientation of the valve as far as which side the sealing part of the valve should be when the valve is closed? As I see it, it would be better to have the sealing take place on the down stream side, so that the pressure pushes the seal against the seating surface. But this means the valve body is itself under pressure which perhaps is not desirable.

If it's not clear what I'm asking let me know and I'll sketch something. Thanks!

It should not matter.

You can rotate the handle to close either port.

You can rotate the handle to close either port.

That does not seem to the case for the valve I got. There are stops on the outside of the lid at 12 and 9 o'clock. However in looking at it now I see that the word "IN" is molded into the lid at 6 o'clock. That appears to confirm the preferred scenario I described above.

But shame on me for asking before looking closer at the part I already had. Thanks for your input. I'll leave the post up just in case anyone has the same question some day in the future.

Attachments

• PXL_20230703_203248508~2.jpg
    PXL_20230703_203248508~2.jpg
    331 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: DavidArmenB
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.