Enumjon

Apr 30, 2020
Tijeras, NM
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Our pool has had significant stains in the spillover spa since we purchased the home and accompanying pool 2 years ago. I paid very little attention to he spa, since we almost never use it. I assumed that it was mineral staining, but none of the stain testing made any change so I let it be. By the way, the spa is surrounded by piñon pine trees that drop copious needles in the spa.

This year the stains bothered me, so I did the testing again. Still no change. However, this time just to see I left a puck on a stain for an hour or two. When I came back it had cleared out a nice circle, the clean circle being about 2 inches larger than the puck. So my answer is organic stains, but very stubborn stains.

The standard treatment for stains is to hold a puck or vitamin c on the stains. Problem is my stains take 1-2 hours to remove. Much of the spa is covered, including sidewalls, so the time involved would be significant.

Is there a way to make the spa acidic enough to take away the stains? I have a booster pump that only runs the spa and bypasses the heater, so I could keep the spa water away from filter and heater while it does it’s thing.

BD74879A-CD16-4D77-9E8A-57D079CA958A.jpeg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.