Ordering waterline tiles online

usfbull

Gold Supporter
May 11, 2020
Tampa FL
Surface
Plaster
Hi,

Hopefully I am posting this in the correct area. we are getting 6x6 waterline tiles and my wife wants to mix in some decorative tiles every few tiles. The ones she liked from the company our PB uses for tiles is ridiculous at $28/tile! They told him they have to be done in Arizona and take 4 weeks.

PB suggested if we want to buy some decorative ones ourselves and when it comes time tell his sub we want them mixed in that would be no problem.

Has anyone bought tile online and if so any recommendations for companies to work with?

thanks

She found some she likes and they 1/2” thick. I called the tile company that will supply the non decorative tiles and he measured and said they are ~ 1/4” thickness. Can these be used in conjunction? Can I tile installer make these even and are there any potential problems down the line even if possible?

yes I'm not sure if there is actually a "standard" size but every 6x6 tile i've ever seen is the same thickness. i think if it were the other way around you could get away with it, meaning if most tiles were thicker but then some thinner decorative ones were sprinkled in, then building up the thinset behind every decorative tile would be easier to match level with the thicker tile. id just try to find a decorative piece that is the same size as the rest though.

Reactions: usfbull
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.