South Alabama
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Turbo Cell (T-CELL-5)
Good morning! Would anyone care to guess what this is in my pool? The spots started perfectly round in the deep end of my pool. I’ve tried metal out, ascorbic acid and brushing. Nothing is touching it. The area has gotten bigger and I’m noticing a few spots now in the shallow end!

Attachments

• 1CFB1E52-9359-4AFA-B0DC-AF4EE6119C4F.jpeg
    1CFB1E52-9359-4AFA-B0DC-AF4EE6119C4F.jpeg
    215.4 KB · Views: 16
  • C1C823E2-25A9-4253-A631-EA982C932859.jpeg
    C1C823E2-25A9-4253-A631-EA982C932859.jpeg
    290.1 KB · Views: 16
  • 8A83F45D-A479-4582-8FB9-EB52A69E1B03.png
    8A83F45D-A479-4582-8FB9-EB52A69E1B03.png
    380.4 KB · Views: 16
Try some dry acid in a thin sock and rub on the area. Let us know if that does anything.

Did you have water run-off into the pool or cut grass that may have thrown something in the pool? Almost looks like fertilizer or something blew in there.

Try some dry acid in a thin sock and rub on the area. Let us know if that does anything.

Did you have water run-off into the pool or cut grass that may have thrown something in the pool? Almost looks like fertilizer or something blew in there.
Thank you for your reply. I’ve thrown vitamin C tablets down and tried to brush it, but nothing. At first I thought it was from seeds from our Japanese plum tree, but metal out usually gets leaf stains out! And no to fertilizer! 🤷‍♀️

Stains are tricky. Be sure whatever you try (Vitamin C for iron or Dry acid for copper) that you actually rub it against the stain. If none of those work, you can try a chlorine tablet, but don't let the tablet sit in one spot too long, Move it around a bit.

Stains are tricky. Be sure whatever you try (Vitamin C for iron or Dry acid for copper) that you actually rub it against the stain. If none of those work, you can try a chlorine tablet, but don't let the tablet sit in one spot too long, Move it around a bit.
Thanks! I didn’t know there was a difference in Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) and dry acid. I also used something called vanish pool stain remover that I got from Amazon the other day. Nothing. And I have super chlorinated the pool too.

I finally was able to put some dry acid in a sock and hold it on the stain for 15 minutes. It lightened it up somewhat, and even more when I rubbed it (with the help of a pole). It didn’t go away completely though. There’s no way I can do that for all of the stains! Is there an easier way, or certain product, that will remove them?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.