Orange-ish particles appeared in pool

tim0476

May 9, 2024
Hello everyone! Need some help here. I just had a new vinyl liner replaced in my 22K inground pool. Filled it with city water (no issues with hard water or metals that I am aware of), then balanced with all the chemicals including shock. I started to notice an orange slimey type substance gathering in the inside of the skimmer (see attached picture), which easily wipes off but just comes back. Then I noticed the tiny particles floating on the surface of the water and concluded the orange slim in the skimmer is the particles clumping together. I have never seen this before, and nothing got into the pool water by accident as far as I know. At first I thought it is rust or iron, but the city water is very low in iron and and the pool water seems very clear.

I really don't know how to address this until I find out what it is. I will take a water sample to the pool store but doubt they will know much.

Attachments

• IMG_3441.PNG
    IMG_3441.PNG
    461.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3443.PNG
    IMG_3443.PNG
    448.8 KB · Views: 6
At first I thought it might be some kind of organic material like pollen, but it is orange and I have never seen that before. Attached are the results from the pool test a couple of days ago. I have since adjusted salt level and added more CYA.

Attachments

• pool-results.jpg
    pool-results.jpg
    207.4 KB · Views: 4