Options to clean spa?

I have an in ground gunite pool/spa. I have a Polaris cleaner that I leave in the pool and it works great. The spa is another story- I have to manually vacuum it and drag out the hose, pole, close drain valves etc, just to clean a 9x6 spa. I have tried putting my Polaris in there, but the space is so small it just traces over the same spots and doesn't get corners or the bench seating. In the spa there are a lot of tight corners vs the rounded sweeping corners of the pool. I looked into a "pool blaster" vacuum but the online reviews said it was garbage.

Would a Dolphin take care of this better than the Polaris? . The Polaris came with my pool install so my plan is to use it until either it or the booster pump breaks down, then replace it with a Dolphin. Just wondering in the meantime if there is an easier way to keep the debris off the floor of my hot tub.

I have a 7x7 spa and I use my Dolphin to clean it up. It usually takes about 30 minutes to do, but I don't have too much debris in there. Sometimes, it misses the corners, but not a big deal. I have a neighbor's oak tree that overhangs my fence line.

Before I started using my Dolphin, I just used a leaf net to scoop everything out. I think that's much faster than trying to manually vacuum. I would have the spa done with a net faster than trying to get out the hose, pole, etc.

I think Marty also mentioned using his Active robot to clean his spa. I have a large spa about your size (9x7) and haven’t used anything yet to clean it other than brushing it while it’s in spa mode. Or I use my hands as agitators when I’m ‘relaxing’ in the hot tub.
1/3 of my spa’s coping edge is spillover down a rock fountain so I never have an issue with skimming as the large floating debris just carrems down the fountain’s edge. I net out the sinking large leaves and debris. My Active20 is a wild beast in the pool: wheelies, upside down flips, mid water jet propulsion, so maybe it can churn up the spa, I just don’t want it to get scared up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.