Optimal pool filter pressure?

smooth2222

LifeTime Supporter
Oct 25, 2010
michigan
Just installed a VS pump,

What is the optimal pool filter pressure? As i can adjust the rpm to get any pressure i desire, so what is the optimal?

From what i been reading i,m seeing 5-15psi and 10-20psi? What is the optimal?

There is no optimal pressure. You want to run it at a low enough speed such that all of your equipment is working properly.

Doing so allows you to minimize your electrical usage.

No optimal minimum. With a VS pump you can use a low speed for filtration and it will work fine. Many here run the pump at 1000rpm. There may be other reasons to run higher speeds though, like getting enough flow to make skimmers work, or it may take more flow for heaters (solar or gas) or for a SWG.

There is no optimal filter pressure. It varies with all pools and plumbing situations. I run my VS pump at 1100 rpm and my filter pressure is 0. Filters are more efficient at lower flow rates.

There is also really no point to run your pump for 24 hours. Even I have a low speed you should only need a handful of hours to have adequate circulation. Although you might want to run longer for other reasons.

I run 24x7 in spring and fall when the trees are dropping lots of stuff in the pool to keep it skimmed and off the bottom since we live in the woods. Otherwise, I run at night when cooling the pool in mid-summer and during the day when heating the pool.

I check filter pressure at 2500 rpm.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.