Opinions on Pebble Fina and Primera Stone

J and L

Jun 22, 2019
Cypress, TX
The pool builder is pushing Pebble Tech products. He recommends Pebble Sheen but I'm just not sold. I really want a smooth surface. Looking at the Pebble Tech site, I discovered Pebble Fina, a product our Pool Builder didn't suggest as an option. I'm wondering why. I am also interested in Primera Stone by Wet Edge. Is Primera Stone a much greater expense?

Last edited:
Let's give your question a :bump: and see if anyone on the forum this morning can give you some feedback.

(y)(y) on Primera Stone - as an owner I love it being smooth, it can be re-polished at some point in the future if needed, and it might last longer than I do!

I don't know the cost differences between it and other brands etc...so I can't help you there. We wanted a long lasting, smooth, darker finish and the Primera Stone offered that.

When getting pool quotes all 9 builders said they refuse to do pebblefina as it didn't last as long as sheen and standard pebble tec. They said just do plaster at that point and save a ton. Sheen is pretty smooth. I have never seen Primera Stone so I can't comment on it. The stonescapes by NPT are an option as well, we went this route due to that being the best local sub. I would base my choice on what product has the best install crew in your area.

(y)(y) on Primera Stone - as an owner I love it being smooth, it can be re-polished at some point in the future if needed, and it might last longer than I do!

I don't know the cost differences between it and other brands etc...so I can't help you there. We wanted a long lasting, smooth, darker finish and the Primera Stone offered that.
What color did you go with for your Primera Stone? Can I see a pic?

That is interesting because all of builders here claim Pebble Tec and Sheen as "20 year" lifespan and Pebble Fina as "15 year". Standard plaster as "10 year". The pebbles supposedly give a little more life to the product, but one even said Fina was just as good. The people I know who have done Fina have no complaints about it but none of their pools are even five years old yet.

My wife wanted Fina initially but we eventually decided on Pebble Sheen. The surface isn't that rough, we have swam in several pools with sheen. We get our hole in the ground on Wednesday. So we have been where you are at. Fina I believe is a quartz plaster so it should be better than standard plaster.

What color did you go with for your Primera Stone? Can I see a pic?
We went with one of the darker finishes - at the time it was called Black Kona - which I think is now most similar to their current color called Diamond Head (think Hawaii theme).

Here are a few photos of our pool - some are showing the shallow water on the sun shelf which shows the real color of the surface which contrasts with the deeper areas where the overall water color is much different.

Reactions: Mgvandewark
We went with one of the darker finishes - at the time it was called Black Kona - which I think is now most similar to their current color called Diamond Head (think Hawaii theme).

Here are a few photos of our pool - some are showing the shallow water on the sun shelf which shows the real color of the surface which contrasts with the deeper areas where the overall water color is much different.

View attachment 108228

View attachment 108229
I love it!! Thanks!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.