Fletch aka

Jan 20, 2022
So California
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
New pool owner as of January 2022; thoughts on these test numbers.
FC 5
PH 7.8 Always 7.8 regardless of MA added
TA 100 Always around 100
CH 500 Is this something to be concerned about; new pool filled in Jan 22
CYA 50
Water is always crystal clear, I brought the CYA up from 20 to 50 earlier in the week.

One from minimum. You want to remain in target range as often as possible. Target range is designed to lose today's FC to the sun and still be above minimum at test/add time tomorrow. Targeting 'hot', say a 9, will serve you well as you learn and give you some wiggle room. Tomorrow will still be a 5 or 6 with lots to spare.

See FC/CYA Levels

PH 7.8 Always 7.8 regardless of MA added
Shut up and smile. Do not anger the PH gods. Throw your firstborn in the pool as an offering (y)

TA 100 Always around 100
100 is great for now. It will settle in where it wants to be as you manage the PH. Test it once a week just for curiosity. Pay no mind to it otherwise.
CH 500 Is this something to be concerned about; new pool filled in Jan 22
Its A-ok. Especially with all the rain you have coming in the next few months.

Today fine for FL but don't get caught adding more by accident with pucks or a 4-in-1 product.

14.5, I add the amount suggested by Pool Math and or Pool Calculator. I didn't add any today as I have been adding MA almost every day with little to no change.
Sounds like you must be adding just the right amount keep up with your pH rise which is very normal. How much are you adding?

As @Newdude mentioned I wouldn't complain too much. Maintaining pH on pools less than a year old can be a real problem as the plaster cures. For me it went way longer than a year.

Chris

OK, new question.
Am I headed in the right direction, keep in mind new pool owner.
Ozone system, didn't know any better, salesman pushed as a cure-all for the worlds problems.
FC 1.5
PH 7.6
TA 70
CH 300
CYA 65
Water temp 75
CSI -0.16 (pool math)

Are these numbers OK, I was advised with the Ozone FC of 1-2 PPM was ok. I wish I would have known about TFP
prior to signing the contract, I would have gone with SWG over the Ozone system.

OK, new question.
Am I headed in the right direction, keep in mind new pool owner.
Ozone system, didn't know any better, salesman pushed as a cure-all for the worlds problems.
FC 1.5
PH 7.6
TA 70
CH 300
CYA 65
Water temp 75
CSI -0.16 (pool math)

Are these numbers OK, I was advised with the Ozone FC of 1-2 PPM was ok. I wish I would have known about TFP
prior to signing the contract, I would have gone with SWG over the Ozone system.
You need way more FC than that. Read the FC\CYA chart to figure out the right minimum. At 70CYA, your minimum is 5ppm. The ozone thing doesn’t change the FC requirements.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
]Are these numbers OK, I was advised with the Ozone FC of 1-2 PPM was ok. I wish I would have known about TFP
Follow the FC/CYA Levels. Also, you can't read between the 10s for CYA like the brain wants to. It's a logarithmic scale, not a linear one. Call any 1-9 the next 10. Yours is a 70, for example. As such, only fill to the 10s when testing because a 63 and a 70 are a 70.

Your ozone may consume some FC. Replace it as needed along with whatever the UV burn off is. Daily. :)
Oxygen is toxic. If you breathe it long enough, you die.

• Haha
Reactions: Lineman7
Yes, Ozone is a sanitizer.... BUT there are NO concentrations that are both safe for humans and an effective sanitizer.
So, unless you are risking death by ozone poisoning your Ozone system is not doing anything to help your pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.