Operate Return JVA independently on Pool/Spa combo

AndrewC75

Nov 30, 2021
Atlanta, GA
Hi all. First post, but I've enjoyed reading! I have a Jandy Aqualink RS + iAqualink 3.0 with JVAs currently configured to operate in pool, spa or spillover mode. I run the spillway a couple times a day to exchange the spa water and for aesthetics when we are hosting guests. When spillover turns off, the spillway drips somewhat annoyingly for 30 minutes or more - understandably - due to the spa water level being right at the top of the spillway. The ideal solution to this is to slightly lower the water level in the spa - perhaps by an inch or less - by briefly opening the spa drain and letting the water flow in to the pool returns immediately after turning off the spillway. Is there a way to get the Aqualink to operate the intake JVA independently of pool, spa or spillover mode? If I could figure out a way to do this, I could set a schedule to open the spa intake for a very brief period (how long TBD) to lower the level. It may not work out as my cam settings and scheduler capabilities dictate that I'd have to fully open it for no less than a minute - which may be too much water - but I'd at least like to try. Thanks in advance!

Welcome to TFP.

You have a SPA DRAIN button on the outdoor Aqualink panel. There is no equivalent function in iAqualink and you can't program the RETURN and SUCTION valves independently.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.