Opening the pool in a month (ish), wish to upgrade to SWG. Have one picked out but want opinions...

summertimesadness

Gold Supporter
Aug 23, 2022
New Jersey
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
Friend of mine in the pool business will be helping me install come May.

I noticed today that the SWG I want is having a promo, and its about $300 to $400 less than what it normally goes for.

It was recommended to get the largest available SWG for my pool size, and it was suggested last fall to get a Circu Pool RJ-60.

They have a promo at discount pools currently until the 27th;

1) Are discount pools a reputable online company?

2) Anything else I need to know about doing this? I have a bit of time before we are opening, but the promo runs out in a few days.

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: StellaMaris
DSP is the sales division of circupool. They seemingly always have an upgrade sale for $1 or $10 and MANY have taken advantage of it. (y)

Welcome to the SWG club. Most people have regrets after switching, but the regret is not doing it sooner. You'll LOVE it. :)

I've been used a CircuPool SWG for four seasons and it did a great job. I was running the RJ45+ on an approx 20K gallon pool with a six hour run usually at 70%. But the cell died. Now I am stuck with replacing it at a 20% discount thanks to the warranty. But I don't know anyone else who has used one of these and if it's typical of the equipment.
On a positive note, going to SWG was the best think I've ever done. It hugely improved water quality and saved a lot of money in chemicals.

Read up on CYA levels recommended for SWG pools. It takes a few days or more to adjust and confirm your CYA level, so you might want to start a week or more before the installation of your SWG. Same for salt. You can have your pool's chemistry ready to go so that you can turn on your SWG asap. You don't want to turn on your SWG until salt level is correct and thoroughly mixed in, that might also take a few days. Be sure to test for salt and CYA before adding either. And you might consider ordering those test kits if you don't already have them, or if they are in need of replacement.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.