Opening my pool and using SLAM procedure

I’ve added 10 gallons of 10% chlorine so far today and FC still dropped significantly after a couple hours but CC remains the same! It seems relentless lol! I think I’m just being impatient! I’ll do my OCLT again tonight after dark and see where I’m at in the morning!

It takes nearly 4 gallons of 10% to get 10 ppm FC into your pool. You have a very large pool. Remember the M in SLAM is for Maintain.

It takes nearly 4 gallons of 10% to get 10 ppm FC into your pool. You have a very large pool. Remember the M in SLAM is for Maintain.
I added 5 gallons at 7 am
2 gallons at 11 am
3 gallons at 2 pm school math
Added another 4.5 gallons per pool school math to bring it back up at 5pm.
Forgot about the last 4.5 gallons in my previous post! So I’ve put in almost 15 gallons today!!

Reactions: mknauss
I added 5 gallons at 7 am
2 gallons at 11 am
3 gallons at 2 pm school math
Added another 4.5 gallons per pool school math to bring it back up at 5pm.
Forgot about the last 4.5 gallons in my previous post! So I’ve put in almost 15 gallons today!!
Am I supposed to be adding chlorine after dark to bring levels back up to slam and test again at night for the OCLT?

OCLT failed! Loss of 4 ppm this morning 0 CC
6:30 am Added 1/2 gallon 10% chlorine
10:30 am Added 1 gallon plus 1 cup 10% Chlorine
1:30pm holding steady at Slam level 12 ppm chlorine
0 CC. No additions
Hopefully this is heading in the right direction now!

Reactions: mknauss

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Don't bother with OCLT tonight because you need the extra day of slam to be 100% sure so then tomorrow night do the OCLT along with all 3 criteria to call it done. I would recommend you backwash the DE filter tonight as there plenty of dead algae regardless if there's psi rise or not.

Don't bother with OCLT tonight because you need the extra day of slam to be 100% sure so then tomorrow night do the OCLT along with all 3 criteria to call it done. I would recommend you backwash the DE filter tonight as there plenty of dead algae regardless if there's psi rise or not.
I clean my DE filter daily whether it needs it or not.

This would be highly unusual. Cleaning your DE filter involves backwashing and re-adding DE. Perhaps you are thinking your skimmer?
No I’m talking about my filter! I pull cartridges out daily, clean them, then clean the filter body, put all back together and add DE media through my skimmer! I do this every evening.

Hayward C2030 is a cartridge filter. Not DE. It is a tiny filter for your size pool, but you should not adding DE to it. If it is the filter model you state in your signature.

This is the manual from Hayward. This is a cartridge filter. Check to be sure you have the C2030.

Attachments

• SwimClear-Cxx30-revB.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 5

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.