Opening - Am I on the right track?

shanlon

May 23, 2019
I am using the Pool Math app and just bought a good test kit today. I started adding a couple gallons of bleach last Sunday (in hindsight, it was not enough) after a few hours, it went from green to cloudy blue.

My Pool: PoolMath Logs

My levels right now are:

FC: 2
pH. 7.6
TA: 70
CH: 200
CYA: 60

I just added 4 gallons of 8% bleach and put my filter on circulate. I have been vacuuming and scrubbing too, had to replace various cracked pool parts and secure a new vacuum plate, but I think I am good now. A small amount of debris (leaves I think) is sitting in the center, I'll hit that up as soon as my vac plate is ready.

Just looking for general guidance and reassurance that I am on the right track. Any feedback is appreciated.

5a698251-4004-4651-bcaa-76e992a7715c.jpg

Just to post an update, things are coming along nicely. It has cleared up significantly. I can see the bottom of the pool.
Opened it up today, although the weather has been fairly cool and wet this past week.

Added a little bit of DE to the sand filter tonight to clear it up even more over the next few days.

Any opinions on just using liquid chlorine all season around instead of a chlorinator that adds CYA?

My CYA right now is getting a little bit high (60) and I know adding tablets will increase it gradually...

PoolMath Logs

IMG_0477.jpeg

Any opinions on just using liquid chlorine all season around instead of a chlorinator that adds CYA?
Since your CYA is already creeping up into the 60s, I would refrain from using anymore pucks and just stick to regular bleach. Good progress on the water. :goodjob:

Reactions: shanlon
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.