Opening a Salt water with blackish water

May 21, 2018
Greenville, wi
OK, so, this is typical for me, after winter, leaves that had been on top of the cover, with water draining thru, will leave my water typically on the black side. I have not yet started up the filter, but that will be in the next day or so. Can I filter this out, along with using shock? or do I have to drain and refill? I used to have an intex, but last year moved up to a doughboy. the salt start up process is understood, I am just wanting to clear up the water. we have a couple trees that like to drop leaves late in Nov after I close it up. I usually keep most leaves off it, but I still get enough to cause these issues every year. I dislike having to drain and start over, will do if needed, but prefer not to. roughly 7000 gal I think.
thanks

Even if you drain/refill you will still need to deal with the swamp. You should never completely drain a AGP (below last feet or two on shallow end) without risking damage to your liner.

SLAM Process it is…

Are you using a mesh cover as winter cover? A proper AGP winter cover should keep leaves off your pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.