Opened pool yesterday

Passing the OCLT with NO loss is fantastic! HUGE accomplishment. When you tested that FC this morning, you should've also tested for CC immediately after. If not, you can certainly do it this morning. As long as it was no more than .5 CC, and your water is crystal clear, then you have passed the SLAM. Let us know how it turns out.

I re-tested and came up with same FC number, and CC has dropped to 0. Bright sunshine here today, and almost 80 degrees, so I added enough chlorine to bring it up to about 6. I sure will be glad when my SWG kicks in, I already don't like lugging these bleach bottle around!!!!

You can make liquid cya from the granule cya...I just did this last weekend.

Fill a sock with granules, let it sit in lukewarm water about 2 hours. This will make it gel like and very squeezable.

Fill a small 1 gallon bucket with hot water (hot as possible without burning you of course)

put the sock in there and squeeze and squeeze til it's dissolved (took me about ten minutes)

Then slow poor over a return jet....

one caveat: have your pool vacuum ready to vacuum any white bits that could accumulate on the bottom, I had a few here
and there, not much.

That worked like a charm, it just melted into the hot water! Two other things, wear rubber gloves, and the kitchen sink is not the best place to do, as the fumes are pretty bad!! Great info Borjis!!! Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.