Opened Pool - Still Cloudy Water

micadams

Apr 22, 2024
Missouri
Newbie here, so bear with me. Opened my pool about a week ago but still have cloudy water. I know that I obviously have numbers way off. Please advise. TIA

FC: 0.4
TC: 3.45
CC: 3.05
pH: 7.6
TA: 143
CYA: 5

I obviously know that my TA is way high and my CYA is way low. Just started adding muriatic acid to lower TA and haven't tested again since. What else do you recommend?
SWG, 35,000 In Ground pool.

Hey micadams and Welcome !!! While the other parameters are pretty stable once dialed in, the sun burns off FC daily, and needs to be tested/added as such. The pool store will not test you for free every day, because it's not actually a free test. It's designed to sell you overpriced chemicals. They will tire of you coming in and walking out empty handed by the weekend.

Accuracy in said tests is also nowhere in their business model. You need a reliable test kit for both reasons.

Test Kits Compared

Reactions: Mdragger88
Cloudy with no fc = algae
To rid yourself of algae you need to do the
SLAM Process.
You must have your own reliable test kit for that as mentioned above- tf100/pro salt or Taylor k2006c + salt
Until you get one in you can add 5ppm worth of liquid chlorine to the pool each day (slowly infront of a running return) brush the area.
This will not solve your problems but it will keep the pool from getting worse until you can accurately test & begin the slam.

Reactions: Newdude