Opened pool, leak from heat pump exit - maybe due to settling?

BlueWRXPride

Jun 18, 2020
Syracuse, NY
I opened my pool up today, and all went find except for a small leak at the PVC junction where the pipe leaves the heat pump. I'm thinking that the ground settled, and there's minimal piping before it goes into the ground which leaves not much to flex and account for any movement. I loosened the collar and could see that there's a gap at the bottom where the two pipes mate up where the gasket is. If it tilt the heat pump back ever so slightly then the leak stops. I could shim the heat pump up with a few small stones, but then I worry about the weight of the heat pump being concentrated to one small point where the pebble is. Any suggestions how to correctly fix this?

Attachments

• PXL_20220501_200131123 - Copy.jpg
    PXL_20220501_200131123 - Copy.jpg
    686 KB · Views: 12
Does the heat pump have adjustable legs to level it?

I would not shim the HP with a pebble but I would use a thin piece of slate as a shim.

Have you looked at exactly how the bottom of the HP sits on the ground and where you would need to shim it?

Composite shims

when the heater dies you can use them for something else. (y)

I think it was always off and is now just a hair loose or too tight. Its also possible the o-ring deteriorated or got pinched. Anywho If the pad or heater shifted, both pipes would be off. The plumbing likely didnt move either.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.