Opened Green Yet Again and Don't Want to Spend $$$$ on Shock

Hi. I found this forum last year after spending almost $1000 on getting my pool clear after opening. I vowed never to do it again so this year when we opened green I ordered a Taylor test kit and here I am. I'll admit this is all very confusing because chemistry is not my strong suit but I manage most of my pool and my engineer husband is leaving me to it.

We opened last Friday very green as we did last year (probably due to a mesh cover?). After the company opened I added a bunch of shock and algecide.

Do yourself and your wallet a favor and don't add any more algaecide to your pool. Most contain copper which can stain your pool and discolor your hair.

Up to you, it will take more bleach initially but after that it's around the same unless your clorine gets zeroed after adding.

Clorine oxidizes cya slowly so if you run 70 cya and don't add cya or pucks next summer it will be 50

Or you can drain again

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.