Jul 12, 2020
Toronto
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
Being further north I guess the cold weather doesn't allow for much algae growth. I closed Oct 30th with 7 FC nicely balanced pool and it seemed to last the winter with a simple tarp and water bags. I actually prefer this as I did not need to worry about any accumulation of water on top of the pool the entire winter since it just sits on top of the tarp.

My question is the following.
I've dumped some chlorine and brought it to about 9 FC and it's basically stayed around 7 FC with 0 CC after 5 days with my auto cover on ( pool is 12C or 54 F). Does this mean I don't have to shock the pool ? I have never shocked this pool since it's been installed last May and Ive followed the TFP guidelines religiously. My goal is to never shock it if it's not required. Should I heat the pool to 75 F and monitor whether the FC holds ?

Thanks

I've dumped some chlorine and brought it to about 9 FC and it's basically stayed around 7 FC with 0 CC after 5 days with my auto cover on ( pool is 12C or 54 F). Does this mean I don't have to shock the pool ? I have never shocked this pool since it's been installed last May and Ive followed the TFP guidelines religiously. My goal is to never shock it if it's not required.

Shocking a pool is never required with TFP methods.

Should I heat the pool to 75 F and monitor whether the FC holds ?

Why?

Heat the pool when you want to swim in it.

Very nice! :goodjob:

full

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.