Open request to Pentair - update mobile apps and user FYI

Palaestra

Jun 30, 2019
Fort Myers
Pentair please update your ScreenLogic connect app, needed to connect to your Easytouch load center to control your pool equipment. It has not been updated in 3 years. It would be great to have Alexa and Siri capability. However the one thing that must be fixed is a connectivity status indicator. The app always makes it appear commands are being received by your pool equipment even when they are not.

For example, if you change your chlorinator setting from 10% chlorine to 100% the app will always show that it's changed even if it's not communicating with your equipment and the setting has not been changed. This recently happened to me thinking I was shocking my pool when in reality the level had not changed. This ended up keeping my family out of the pool for two extra days :( Countless customers have been frustrated by the fact that their app says one thing and what's happening is another, it's a huge amount of time wasted.

Pentair please fix this problem. The solution is easy, add a status to the app that shows whether or not communications back to the equipment is working. The windows ScreenLogic App shows transmission and receive connectivity which would work here as well. It would be a lot easier for customers to troubleshoot with a simple fix from Pentair.

FYI A few tips for anyone with app connectivity problems: One way I found to confirm whether or not the app is actually communicating is to look at your temperature history and scroll. If data is being populated for past days, communications are working. Another way to tell is to look at your pump in the app, change the speed, and then see if that speed is reflected in what the pump is reporting back. Pentair could automate this type of check to easily put an indicator on the screen for connectivity.

There are many reasons there could be communication problems with the app to the equipment. For me I found that the Pentair wireless transmitter is highly subject interference. Moving it away from my router has helped a lot.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.