Only add 17 oz of stabilizer?

C

Curtbrad89081

Hi,
Just did my first chemistry with the tf100.
==========================================
mine
------------------------------------------
Build Type: Plaster
Volume: 10000 gallons
Latest Test Result Summary:
FC: 2.0 (16 minutes ago)
CC: 0.0 (16 minutes ago)
pH: 7.8 (16 minutes ago)
TA: 130 (16 minutes ago)
CH: 750 (16 minutes ago)
CYA: 40 (16 minutes ago)
Test Results 04-19-2022 @ 11:53 AM
Free Chlorine: 2.0
Combined Chlorine: 0.0
pH: 7.8
Total Alkalinity: 130
Calcium Hardness: 750
CYA: 40
Chemical Addition suggested
+ 17 FluidOunces of LiquidStabilizer
I want to be sure stabilizer is bleach right?? So it said to add 2 cupsish??

I cannot log the CSI but the calculation was .67

thanks in advance for any suggestions

Curt

Hi,
Just did my first chemistry with the tf100.
mine
Build Type: Plaster
Volume: 10000 gallons
Latest Test Result Summary:
FC: 2.0 (16 minutes ago)
CC: 0.0 (16 minutes ago)
pH: 7.8 (16 minutes ago)
TA: 130 (16 minutes ago)
CH: 750 (16 minutes ago)
CYA: 40 (16 minutes ago)
Test Results 04-19-2022 @ 11:53 AM
Free Chlorine: 2.0
Combined Chlorine: 0.0
pH: 7.8
Total Alkalinity: 130
Calcium Hardness: 750
CYA: 40
Chemical Addition suggested
+ 17 FluidOunces of LiquidStabilizer
I want to be sure stabilizer is bleach right?? So it said to add 2 cupsish??

I cannot log the CSI but the calculation was .67

thanks in advance for any suggestions

Curt
Stabilizer is aka CYA. Your FC level is low for your CYA of 40. I would get some chlorine in there soon. Minimum is 3 with a target of 5-7

Thanks for the quick reply. So I should follow the pool math app? It say 17 oz... doesn't sound like much at all.
Is there a formula that is out there so I can add the amount required or just put in a little and check everyday until it comes up?

Thanks for the quick reply. So I should follow the pool math app? It say 17 oz... doesn't sound like much at all.
Is there a formula that is out there so I can add the amount required or just put in a little and check everyday until it comes up?
Download Pool Math app. You can set up the specifics of your pool and it will will tell you exactly how much of "what" to get to "where". In your region, you could probably bump up your CYA to get to 50...but most importantly get some chlorine in your pool ASAP. Chlorine needs to be added DAILY. Many folks thinks its a once a week kind of deal.

Also, please fill out your signature with the details of your pool so everyone can help you better. Different "types" of pools and equipment require different advice.

That was from Pool math app...the only recommendation it gave was to add the 17 oz of stabilizer (why cant they just call the stabilizer chlorine?).. Would that be enough for a 10K inground? Trying to make sense of the CYA/FC. When read the chart it says I should be in the 5-7 PPM range, and a minimum of 3. So when pool math says to add that amount, does that mean that amount should automatically bring me up to the 5-7 range? Or Do I add a little bit, and then check it everyday to get it up to the 5-7? From reading the pool chemistry article , the CYA/FC is likely the most important and really has to be monitored.

Sorry for the repeat questions, I am just trying to understand the science.

Lastly my signature used to show up on my messages, but now they dont. I cant find a check mark to add it automatically

Thanks again
Curt

That was from Pool math app...the only recommendation it gave was to add the 17 oz of stabilizer (why cant they just call the stabilizer chlorine?).. Would that be enough for a 10K inground? Trying to make sense of the CYA/FC. When read the chart it says I should be in the 5-7 PPM range, and a minimum of 3. So when pool math says to add that amount, does that mean that amount should automatically bring me up to the 5-7 range? Or Do I add a little bit, and then check it everyday to get it up to the 5-7? From reading the pool chemistry article , the CYA/FC is likely the most important and really has to be monitored.

Sorry for the repeat questions, I am just trying to understand the science.

Lastly my signature used to show up on my messages, but now they dont. I cant find a check mark to add it automatically

Thanks again
Curt
Curt, remember Stabilizer =CYA, not chlorine. Yes , CYA/FC relationship is the most important part of pool maintenance...disregarding it will start a swamp for you. Always stay at the top of your target FC + what you burn through in a day. Example, if your pool uses 4 FC a day, add 4 to the top number in the target range, that is where you want your FC to be at everyday after you add your liquid chlorine. A pool is like a pet, you have to feed it everday.

Do this....test your FC first thing in the morning, preferably before the sun hits it. Don't add anything all day. Test FC again at sunset. The difference between the 2 tests is what your pool uses that day. That loss is what you have to account for everyday and make up with chlorine additions, once a day.

I plugged in your 10k gallon pool. If using 10% liquid chlorine...1/2 gallon will raise your FC 5. 1/4 gallon will raise FC 2.5. You need to be adding around 1/3 gallon everyday to stay on top of everything. As it gets hotter, especially in Vegas, you will need to increase your CYA so that it will help protect that chlorine burn off.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220420-213226.jpg
    Screenshot_20220420-213226.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20220420-213141.jpg
    Screenshot_20220420-213141.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
That was from Pool math app...the only recommendation it gave was to add the 17 oz of stabilizer (why cant they just call the stabilizer chlorine?)..
Stabilizer is not chlorine. It's Cyanuric acid. It's also called conditioner. You can read more about it here. Just scroll down a couple pages.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.