SE Michigan
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
Hello! So the pool company just came out and “opened” the pool for the season. All I have them do is the physical/hardware stuff (safety cover, handrails, diving board, skimmers, etc.) I take care of the water chemistry. However upon start up only two of my four returns have water coming out of them. I’m worried that means a pipe or pipes might have a clog or something. Any suggestions for troubleshooting? I can bring the pool company back out but if it’s some thing I can narrow down myself first I’d like to start there.

I’m just about to start running my tests on the water I wanted to let the pump / vacuum run a bit, stir things up to get the most accurate reading.

Water opened up looking pretty good. Some debris on the bottom mostly dust and dirt. On the shallow end I can see clear to the bottom. Deep ends a little murky yet.image.jpg

Here’s what I have. They seem to be in the correct position. I only have one return valve that supplies all four returns. The WF is my waterfall which I’m not currently running.

Attachments

• F5823266-9959-41E8-BBA8-7292ED5AF360.jpeg
    F5823266-9959-41E8-BBA8-7292ED5AF360.jpeg
    449.7 KB · Views: 11
So following up, hubby solved the problem. Of our four returns, one of them was missing the 'nozzle' so the water coming out of it was basically full blast and taking away the pressure (or volume) needed to allow the other returns to work. once we plugged that one, the other two started working. So off to the pool store, I go to buy a nozzle that will help to 'reduce' the flow from that one single return.
So glad it was something simple and cheap (at least this time ;))

Reactions: Newdude and mknauss
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.