Ongoing problem

Grayman43

May 19, 2019
Rockingham, NC
Hello all,
Ive had an ongoing problem since last year that I would like advice on. First I will post my latest test results from today.
FC 7
CC o
ph 7.9
alkalinity 80
CH 160
CYA 30
i problem I’m having is I had a outbreak of Alage last year and can’t seem to get rid off it. I performed a slam and pasted all 3 test. Vacuumed all the dead stuff out then vacuumed to waste to make sure. Started getting what looked like sand on the bottom only after I run the pump. Checked it and it floated away. Slammed again and then same thing. Had pool company change sand, check for broken laterals etc. everything was fine. Now I have same issue but added to it 90% of vinyl liner has what I thought was Alage but it will not brush up. Some my main issues are the dead Alage (I guess) and now this film. I will add that I keep sand in my site glass even after backwash and rinse. I just want to make sure I’m not chasing something else before I do another sLAm.

pic attached. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0451.jpeg
    IMG_0451.jpeg
    149.8 KB · Views: 24
If you zoom in closer on the picture. You’ll see the actual color of the liner and the layer of whatever this is. Covers 90 percent of pool. Will not brush off . to clarify, I’ve got tsome actual problems. The dead algae on the bottom Whatever that is on liner.

Right now, the stains look like iron.

full

Below is mustard algae.

full

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.