One small waterline tile fell, inside the skimmer box, can I repair it without draining the waterline?

ShinDiors

Jul 16, 2021
Northern VA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
It is actually right at the skimmer box area, tile is intact. Can I simply use this Henry 1 Pound Under Water Tile Repair | HD Supply, and do it with the current waterline (all underwater).?

Is it simply just apply the henry material at the back of the tile and press it in? Should I do something about the exposed surface at all?

Thanks a lot.

I would rather drop the water below the tile repair and use regular pool thinset.

Post a pic of the surface to comment about what prep may be required.

Notice there is no thinset adhering to the tile that fell off. IT was not installed well at all.

You can drop your water level down so that area is dry.

Butter some thinset on the wall and some on the tile and push it on. Let it set and then use some grout around it. No one will ever see the grout to bother worrying about its color.

Never done a tile job, any tips on applying the grout? What tools to use?

BTW is this an urgent repair that if not dealt with would go worse quickly? Have a lot other things going on now.

Thanks a lot.

No, not urgent as that area is not underwater unless your water level is high.

You need to downsize the tips on this video for the small are you are working with...

Use your finger to push the grout into the gaps then use a wet sponge to smooth it out.

Thanks for always pointing to a good video.

The grout is only for the gaps between tiles right? For a single piece, do I really need a big spread of grout over the surface (and then having to wipe down the excess) or I can use those small caulking spreader tool to apply only over the gap (and use finger to push into the gaps)? sth like this: https://www.amazon.com/Silicone-Caulking-Grouting-Finishing-Bathroom/dp/B08X6P6XCJ/ref=sr_1_24?crid=3N3VWC95XAQ2Q&keywords=grout+tools+kit+for+tile&qid=1654543204&sprefix=grout+tool,aps,58&sr=8-24

And I suppose I would also need ez patch's grout right? E-Z Patch® 4 (White) Pool Tile Grout Repair

Edit: just noticed that EZ Patch shipping is so expensive. Any other place to buy the stuff?

Just mix some grout in a plastic bag into thick mashed potato consistency.

Use your finger to push it into the gaps.

smooth it out with a wet sponge.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.