On the right track?

That's about what my calculations gave me too. I think I have established there is a leak. I'm working with the PB as it is still under warranty. I am also looking for the leak as well, short of digging anything up just yet.

Update: I finished the second bucket test with the pump running 24 hours. The loss was exactly the same as with the pump off. So apparently, this is a good troubleshooting technique, if the loss rate changes with the pump on vs. off, then it will indicate whether the loss is in the return (pressure) piping or the pool or suction piping. PB came out and found and plugged a leak in the joint between the plaster and skimmer basket. I have not been able to follow up yet with another bucket test to confirm, but what I am seeing on the SWG indicates the salt content is not going down, a good sign (it actually went up a little, probably expected with the amount of bleach I'm adding). I also had CYA of 60 this morning. Considering I raised it to a target of 80 or so last weekend and the leak was plugged on Tue, I'm not sure yet is this is stable, but it is better than I have had for a long time.

On the shocking front, still at it. I had previously shocked for 3 weeks, passed the OCLT and returned to normal operation. After a week or two of that, Cl started dropping again. Now I am 2+ weeks into the next round of shocking at 20+ Cl. Overnight losses vary from 2 to 7, with the SWG on. Maddening! I'll keep at it, but boy is this consuming some bleach! I did get replacement cartridges, so I will pull and replace those tomorrow so I can clean the originals throughly. (Hope they are the right size).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.